Dr. Anand P Rao
Dr. Anand P Rao is one of the leading Pediatric rheumatologists in the country. He is currently the section head of Pediatric rheumatology division at Manipal Hospital and Indira Gandhi institute of child health. He has been consulting at Vijaya children’s clinic since 2004. He is the President of the Pediatric rheumatology society (India) currently. He has to his credit a sizeable number of publications in national and international journals and has been an invited speaker at national and international conferences. He has been instrumental in discovery of the first human subject of a very rare genetic condition.
He has had experience with treatment of more than 1600 patients with Pediatric rheumatologic illnesses.
Highlights of his career
- MBBS- 1999 from Bangalore Medical college, Bangalore.
- MD-2004 from Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- DNB (Pediatrics)- 2005
- Fellowship in Pediatric rheumatology at Giannina Gaslini Hospital, Genoa, Italy (2010-2011)
- Hon. Secretary of IAP, Bangalore- 2008 and 2010
- Hon. Secretary of Pediatric rheumatology society- 2015-2016
- President of Pediatric rheumatology society- 2018- 2020
- Recognized guide for DNB (Pediatrics)